One of the biggest reasons for our failure to lose weight is our frequent hunger pangs as well as the sugar cravings. However, this can be easily beaten over if one takes high protein foods. This is so because proteins tend to inhibit our brain’s neuronal reward system which releases chemicals inducing false hunger pangs and even sugar cravings. There are various other benefits and solid reasons to opt for more of protein foods in your diet. Let’s know a few of them –
Proteins reduce appetite and hunger levels
There are three major macronutrients i.e. carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Our body is impacted differently by each of them. Proteins tend to keep you feel filled for longer hours. They reduce the level of the hunger hormone ghrelin while simultaneously boosting the levels of satiety hormone peptide YY. This makes you ingest less food and you start losing on your body fat. A study has shown that increasing protein intake from 15 to 30% can cause a calorie intake reduction of about 441 calories per day without any intentional cutting. Thus, you end up healthier and slimmer.
Read More Original Content at protein bars
There are various tips and tricks in this arena to store the dried meat properly so that its taste as well as freshness could be maintained. In this article, we shall discuss about the ways in which dried meat can be stored to make it last longer.
What are some of the facts to know about the dried meat strips?
The dried meat strips are often called as jerky. This is eaten along with various other products including cheese and other sauces. Here are some facts to know about such strips –
- Such kind of meat is always advisable to the people who are trying to lose their weigh because it is high in sodium which boosts the process of losing the weight. In addition, dried meat is also enriching in various other proteins.
- The dried meat strips are considered as the best snack to have in many countries. In America, the dried meat of cow is the most popular.
- Since, you have just dried up the meat along with some spices, you can be sure that there are no preservatives in the meat.
- Such kind of dried meat is often used in the outer space by the astronauts because of its consistency.
How to store the dried meat properly? – Learn new ways
There are various ways of storing the beef jerky and the other kinds of dried meat. Some of them have been discussed below –
- The dried meat which is still intact in its packaging can be stored well in any dry place with a cooler temperature. This will prevent the meat from getting ruined by the hot temperature.
- However, if you have opened the packaging of the meat, you can store it in the refrigerator to keep its freshness intact. Storing it in refrigerator will prevent it from the harmful microbes.
- Always make sure that you seal the bag of the meat back when you are keeping it in the freezer.
For more tips and tricks, consumers can check all the articles and blogs written by the experts.
None of us can escape the urge to munch but it inevitably leads of adding that flab in your body. What people do not realize that just a little smartness on your snacking habit can help you block that weight gain and enjoy the pleasures of having a snack. We mention some simple strategies to adopt and reap benefits:-
Opting for healthy snacks over the fast food ones and unhealthy ones are the first and very simple change that you must adopt. This requires planning and preparation in advance. Your cupboards and fridge should be cleaned of all fattening, starchy high-calorie foods. Instead, they should be replaced with low carb snacks as well as high protein snacks like ready to eat chopped and raw salad vegetables and fruits, low-fat yogurt, protein bars or even low carb snacks that you have precooked and kept aside to sate your cravings.
Keep short time between eating times
It is always better to eat light and at regular short intervals rather than going full and not eating for a long period of time. If the gap between two meals is extended, it is possible that your blood sugar levels dip too low inducing cravings which make you actually over indulge yourself. Nutritionists have pointed out that under-eating is the biggest cause of overeating.
Go for nuts
To satiate your midday slump, try going for a small portion of nuts like almonds, walnuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hazelnuts, etc. Their quantity should be low due to their high calories, but they also give you the much-needed heart healthy fiber and skin glowing nutrients.
Chew your food well
We all tend to eat our food fast, but studies have shown that people who really chew their food well tend to go fuller for a much longer period of time with no food cravings hitting them. Thus it’s best to spend time chewing the food you are eating.
Finally always put plenty of varieties in your snacks, and you are not getting bored, and your taste buds remain sated. Healthy snacks are a great way for you actually to obtain your optimal health and a healthy glow.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.